Nirvana will be holding the annual Qing Ming Prayer Ceremony from 25 March to 27 March 2016 (Friday to Sunday). A separate shuttle bus schedule will run during this period.
The chanting schedule during the festival are as follow:
|10am – 11am||Inviting ancestors to Main Hall||Compassion Samadhi Water Repentance
|11am – 12pm||Offering to Buddha and Bodhisattvas|
|2pm – 4pm||Compassion Samadhi Water Repentance
|Compassion Samadhi Water Repentance
|4pm – 6pm||Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Sutra
|Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Sutra
|10am – 11am||Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Sutra
|11am – 12pm||Offering to Buddha and Bodhisattvas||3pm – 6pm||Grand Puja
Transferal of Merits
End of Ceremony
- Please light 8 joss sticks
- (Pray towards the inner Hall from the outer Hall) Saha Trinity
- (Towards the Heavenly God incense burner at the outer Hall) Heavenly God
- After praying, please place 4 joss sticks at the Heavenly God incense burner outside the Hall
- Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, Ancestors, House God – insert 1 joss stick each in the incense burner respectively
- Earth God – place 1 joss stick in the Earth God incense burner
- The officiating Master will do the purifying procedure on behalf of the descendants during the prayer ceremony. The master will invite the ancestors tablet to be present next to the Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva. Family members do not need to carry out the procedure themselves.
- If you would like to set up another ancestral tablet before preparing the offerings, please approach the service counter. A designated personnel will assist you with the writing, or printing of the tablet rack.
- When the joss sticks are burned halfway through, you may cast the divination blocks for further instructions.
- Upon positive sign from the divination blocks, please clear up the altar and return the tablet rack.
- Family members may affix name on the joss paper money. Please move to the centralised point for chanting led by the Master. You may also wait in line to burn the offerings.
Prosperity Offering Set
For visitor’s convenience, Prosperity Offerings Set are available at $88.
The set includes:
- Joss paper
- Gold and silver joss paper, big and small ingots, gold and silver bars, treasury and rebirth money, lotus candles, joss sticks, seal and carrier
- Food offerings
- Six vegetarian dishes, white rice, Chinese steamed cake (sealed), fruits (basket), chopsticks and spoons, reusable bags
2016 Qing Ming Shuttle Bus Schedule
From 25 – 27 March 2016
|Boon Lay MRT To Nirvana||Nirvana to Boon Lay MRT|